Guidelines for Ceremonies
General event guidelines:
1. Reservations must be made in advance.
2. The gardens and lands will remain open to the public during ceremonies.
3. No food or beverages may be consumed on the property.
4. Tents and other structures are not permitted.
5. A minimal number of chairs are allowed to accommodate the elderly and physically handicapped. Chairs must be set up immediately before the ceremony and removed immediately following the ceremony.
6. When planning the length of the ceremony, remember that the majority of your guests will be standing. Please begin and end promptly.
7. Alternative arrangements must be made in the event of inclement weather.
8. Photography is allowed as long as the photographers are respectful of vegetation, other visitors, and time.
9. A donation of $200 is requested to help maintain the lands and gardens.
Additional guidelines specific to the Asticou Azalea Garden:
1. Participants are limited to a total of 30 people.
2. The North Lawn of the garden is recommended for ceremonies for its privacy and quiet. However, any location in the garden that does not interfere with vegetation is allowed.
3. Parking is limited. We recommend carpooling and parking some cars in the area on the west side of Rt. 198 at the intersection so that a few parking places remain available for regular visitors.
Additional guidelines specific to the Thuya Garden:
1. Ceremonies involving 15 participants or fewer may take place any time during the season.
2. Ceremonies involving 16 to 50 guests may only take place before July 1 or after Labor Day. Events involving more than 50 participants are not permitted.
3. Keep in mind there are no outdoor lights in the garden or parking area. Please plan the time of your event accordingly, especially in the fall.
4. Arrangements for shuttle vans or valet parking may be necessary as there is limited parking at the upper lot at Thuya.
For more information on events at our properties, or to receive a copy of our event confirmation form, please contact
Land and Garden Preserve
Attn: Jenn Bridgers
PO Box 208
Seal Harbor, ME 04660